In this article, I would like to talk about 3 interesting online data science courses on various platforms. Data science is one of the professions with high demand. The demand for data scientists who can analyze data and communicate results to inform data driven decisions has never been greater. I think these professional certificate courses will help anyone interested in pursuing a career in data science skills and experience.
HarvardX’s Data Science Professional Certificate
- Fundamental R programming skills
- Statistical concepts such as probability, inference, and modeling and how to apply them in practice
- Gain experience with the tidyverse, including data visualization with ggplot2 and data wrangling with dplyr
- Become familiar with essential tools for practicing data scientists such as Unix/Linux, git and GitHub, and RStudio
- Implement machine learning algorithms
- In-depth knowledge of fundamental data science concepts through motivating real-world case studies
Offered by Harvard University and available on edx.org
IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
- Learn what data science is, the various activities of a data scientist’s job, and methodology to think and work like a data scientist
- Develop hands-on skills using the tools, languages, and libraries used by professional data scientists
- Import and clean data sets, analyze and visualize data, and build and evaluate machine learning models and pipelines using Python
- Apply various data science skills, techniques, and tools to complete a project and publish a report
Data Science Specialization
- Use R to clean, analyze, and visualize data.
- Navigate the entire data science pipeline from data acquisition to publication.
- Use GitHub to manage data science projects.
- Perform regression analysis, least squares and inference using regression models.
Offered by John Hopkins University and available on coursera.org