What is notion?
All-in-one workspace. One tool for your whole team. Write, plan, and get organized.– Notion
Notion is an application that provides components such as databases, kanban boards, wikis, calendars and reminders. Users can connect these components to create their own systems for knowledge management, note taking, data management, project management, among others. These components and systems can be used individually, or in collaboration with others.– Wikipedia
As claimed in their web page, its truly all-in-one workspace. You should give it a try!
What is notion made for?
If you visit Notion home page, you will discover that it can be used for variety of team collaboration activities including but not limited to,
- Team wiki (alternative to confluence and githubWiki)
- Projects and tasks (Alternative to Trello, Asana and Jira)
- Notes and docs (alternative to Google Docs and Evernote)
Organize yourself with Notion
So, how can you organize yourself with Notion?
Individuals can use notion for
- Quick Notes
- Task List
- Reading list
- Goals setting
- Travel planner
- Blog post
- Simple notebook
- Habit Tracker
- Life Wiki etc.
You can use notion for documentation of all kind.
Notion pages consists of blocks. It provides various type of blocks which can be inserted into the pages to create intended documents mentioned above. list of available blocks can be seen by typing / in the new line.
List of available blocks in Notion
- To-do list
- Headings (1 – 3)
- Bulleted list
- Numbered list
- Toggle list
- Link to page
- Mention a person
- Mention a page
- Date or reminder
- Inline equation
- Table (inline and full page)
- Board (inline and full page)
- Gallery (inline and full page)
- List (inline and full page)
- Calendar (inline and full page)
- Timeline (inline and full page)
- Linked databases
- Image (upload or embed with a link)
- Web bookmark
- File (upload or embed with a link)
- Embed (PDFsm Google Maps etc)
- Google Drive
- GitHub Gist
- Table of contents
- Block equation
- Template button
You may also like these articles on our blog.